Thursday, March 12, 2009

Jubilation!






Too much good news for one post, but I must be brief. First, the internet is back! HUZZAH! Second, tomorrow I will be camping in the desert and riding camels. That promises to be hilarious and terrifying since my experience with camels thus far has been less than pleasant. Look forward to photos.

Third: I came home today to "Happy Birthday" on tape playing on repeat. I thought to myself, "I hope that doesn't continue all night" but did not really consider that it might actually be someone's birthday. So I had lunch and was basking in my renewed stolen internet access when I heard guests arriving. I continued putzing around online and I heard more guests coming, which is when I decided that it would be extremely socially unacceptable to remain in my room. Okay fine, the real reason I emerged was because I heard people singing happy birthday and came to investigate the possibility of cake. Well I was right: it was the ladies' niece's birthday and a bunch of family had gathered to celebrate. And there was cake. 

So after cake and such we had Turkish/Arabic coffee, and for those of you who don't know, it's an Arabic tradition to read fortunes in the stuff left at the bottom of coffee cups. Ojou gathered the following from my cup:
-"You have friend, but she is not friend. She hate you. She talk a lot."
-"You know someone old? They are very sick."
-"You are good for love." (I don't know if she meant to be cryptic or if what she saw was just lost in translation)
-"You will get good news from America soon."
I think there was probably more but I don't remember. I will let you know if this all plays out. I have decided that fortune telling is a skill I intend to master before I leave. 

Fourth: In culture club on Wednesday we learned how to belly dance. Let's just say I have a far more promising future in fortune telling.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment